Monday, July 13, 2009

Shot Down

Saturday, 7-11-09 (Day 11)

Dexamethasone (.75mg, oral pill): I'm officially up four pounds. This madness must stop before I hit five.

Lupron (5units, subQ injection): Right side injection went well. I've found the least painful area to shoot is below my belly button where there is more pooch to grab as apposed to the left and right of my belly button where I have less fatty tissue.

I find it painfully odd that I'm so thankful for my fatty pooch right now.

It also seems as though my period was short lived this time around, and is officially over. I celebrated by eating way too much double chocolate fudge brownie ice cream. And I don't even like chocolate ice cream.

But that didn't stop me from eating it.

Sunday, 7-12-09 (Day 12)

Dexamethasone (.75mg, oral pill): My attempts at eating well were shot down today when I found myself involuntarily rooting through the cupboards in a trance, stopping at nothing and eating everything in sight. After a handful of Doritos and a few more scoops of that darn chocolate ice cream, I suddenly panicked and ran to the scale.

Then I panicked again when I saw the scale.

Then while fighting back tears, I found myself back in the kitchen panicking once again, all while eating more Doritos.

This is getting ridiculous.

Lupron (5units, subQ injection): Left side injection went well. So far I haven't experienced any side effects worth complaining about besides an occasional dull headache and slight fatigue, but I am enjoying longer, stronger nails. I know this isn't a normal side effect by any means, but I'm certainly not giving the credit to my Dexamethasone and nothing else in my routine has changed, so Lupron it is.

Monday, 7-13-09 (Day 13)

Dexamethasone (.75mg, oral pill): Today, I am eating healthy. I am stronger than my food cravings. I will take control and rise above this little blue pill and it's fierce appetite stimulating hormones.

Lupron (5units, subQ injection): Right side injection went well. In fact my longer, stronger Lupron nails have actually gained me access to my Sharps container with no more problems.

It's a miracle.

My E2 blood test were supposed to be in no later than today, but it looks like we're going to keep running into trouble with this test. My IVF nurse coordinator tried frantically to get a hold of LabCorp all day for the results so she could give me the go-ahead to start stims tomorrow, but we'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow holds.

Me? I'm surprisingly stress-free about it all.

"Things can fall apart, or threaten to, for many reasons, and then there's got to be a leap of faith."
-Yo-Yo Ma

4 comments:

Robin said...

LOL!!! I feel your pain with the eating. Chris left at home ALONE on Sunday afternoon where I proceeded to eat chips, popcorn, cookies and a Key Lime soda. It's all organic which means its way yummy and horribly fattening. But if we get our BFP's we won't care how much we ate to get there. Right?!?!?!

Brittney said...

Ohh, I'm sorry you're having to go through all this. Hang in there:) Glad to hear you're staying stress-free - that's difficult, I'm sure! I can't wait to read your BFP post at the end of all this. Sending prayers your way. Have a blessed day.

Kelli said...

The scale is not my friend these days either!!
I hope you get the go ahead soon!! I start stims tomorrow and I'm not as stress-free as I'd like to be!! Maybe some chocolate ice-cream will help...

Hillary said...

What a blessing that you are feeling so calm about everything!! Did you find out your E2 levels?