Saturday, May 30, 2009

Green & Crunchy Clean

Green is Good.

I decided a few months back to make the switch over to the green side in preparation for IVF and all things baby. Not only did I get sucked into the "popular" thing to do, but I've seemingly become an ameture advocate for all things green. Thus the green post on my infertility blog.

So far, all of my aspirations to be green have yielded the following results; Costco and Trader Joe's have an amazing selection of organic food products, Target has an endless supply of all natural household cleaners and body products, and it's pretty hard these day to not find a store sporting some adorable Eco-friendly tote bags for under $2 to replace evil plastic and brown paper shopping bags.

Up until a few days ago, this simple formula was the extent of my new found greenness.

But I hit a new level of green when researching cloth diapers brought me to an amazing all natural detergent company called Crunchy Clean. The business is ran by a stay-at-home-mom that like myself, is happy to follow the trend and care for the environment but is even more concerned with the unnecessary harsh chemicals that are being used by (and on) her family. Her about me section of her site also states that she's a Christian, and strongly believes God gave us this earth and it's our responsibility to take care of it.

Agreed.

And don't believe everything you hear about all natural cleaners not working. Even on my husbands nasty work clothes, all it takes is the addition of a few squirts of either Simple Green or Bac-out added in with the detergent to do the job. And for really bad stains, you can make a paste out of the detergent by mixing it with a little bit of water and letting it set on the stain for a bit. It's amazing, and there are about a million and a half heavenly scents to choose from, all phthalate free. Baby Bee Clean is my favorite so far, but I'm going to have to work my way down the list and eventually try them all!

And how could a green, all natural, small business product be any better you ask? I'll tell you. We usually purchase liquid tide from Costco, which runs us about $20 for 110 loads in our HE washer. But get this; Crunchy Clean detergent is about $20 (after shipping) for 320 loads in an HE washer.

Yeah, 320 loads. It doesn't take a math genius to figure out that comes to almost 3 times the detergent for the same price. Plus it works great, smells delicious, and did I mention it's green? Score.

Trust me, green has never smelled so good.

"Haven't you heard? Green is the new black."
-Anonymous

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Thanks for the recommendation -- I'll have to try out this detergent!! :)

Bethany said...

What scent did you get, and did you get the one for diapers or regular laundery? I just might have to give it a try :)

Tabitha said...

Bethany,
I got the sample pack of Regular detergent; she lets you pick two different scents and I chosee Baby Bee Clean and Monkey Fart. They both smell delicious! I want to order another sample back with Crisp and Candied and Lemon verebena next! If you want to smell mine, let me know and I'll make it happen! =)

Robin said...

I love this post! June is here and I am so excited for you!!!