Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

As we celebrate the day that Jesus rose from the grave, I'm reminded that God sent His one and only son to die on the cross for our sins. Because of this, all we have to do is believe in Him and we are guaranteed an eternal home in Heaven, and an undying hope and peace that separates us from the rest of the world.

God loved us so much that He gave us the ultimate sacrifice; His own son. What an amazing and unconditional act of love!

We celebrate Easter today because Jesus didn't stay in the grave. Three days later He arose, overcoming death and the grave to give us hope and a chance to have eternal life if we just believe that He died for our sins and accept His free gift.

Because God gave His only son, He has grieved a child. He truly understands what we are going through whether we are struggling with trying to conceive, loose a child through miscarriage, or simply have to make a sacrifice. Because we are His children, and He loves us more than anything.

That's why He sent His son to die for us; and that's why I celebrate Easter.

"Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there."
-Clarence W. Hall

2 comments:

BHRMAMA said...

"AMEN!!"

Robin said...

I just noticed you posted your possible IVF schedule. I'm so glad! We might be on a pretty similar schedule although I'll be likely giving myself significantly more shots than you. Rock star ovaries need less medical intervention. I am so excited for you! I'm praying for your little ones!