Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Right On Track

So far we are right on track. Too bad we couldn't choose a different track to be on...

Last night I took my last dose of Clomid, and although I was really enjoying my nightly hot flash sessions and occasional stabbing head pain, I'm glad to be done with them. I really shouldn't complain, I'm only taking 50mg a night and my side effects have actually been very minimal, but still...hopefully that was the last dose I will ever have to take. Ever.

Next up: I wait for a positive OPK. That's right, we are doing this one all natural...sort of. Well, not really. We are still taking Clomid before, Progesterone after, and of course the anything-but-natural process of a catheter into my cervix IUI, but we're skipping the costly sonogram and painful trigger shot in exchange for a positive OPK. We're also setting up for one really good IUI this time instead of two back to back IUI's. I've been doing some research of my own, and it seems that two IUI's don't really give higher pregnancy rates, just a higher credit card bill at the end of the month.

So bring on the positive OPK and let's get this IUI train rolling, because I'd really like to get off on the next stop and finally reach my destination; baby or bust!

Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
-Will Rogers

5 comments:

Momma Wilson said...

You have been tagged, see my post for details:)

jessica56 said...

Good luck on this cycle! I know how much fun those hot flashes can be!! I was on 100 mg and I think with each month they got more intense!

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

WantWait&Pray said...

I'll be keeping you in my prayers hun!

Jennifer said...

Good luck!!! I really hope this is it for you :-) ***good timing dust***

Stacy said...

I laughed out loud when I read your post because I have gone through the exact same thing! I only take 50 mgs of Clomid too but I ALWAYS get that awful clomid head pain! I have also heard that b2b iuis don't give higher pregnancy rates - thank goodness we live in a time with the internet so we can find all of this info out! Good luck to you - I hope this is your BFP cycle!