Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tough Times

At church this morning the pastor talked about using God's grace to find the joy and excitement that each day brings, even in bad situations.

Infertility is a bad situation.

Sometimes I forget that being a Christian doesn't mean that every day is going to be easy and pain free; it just means that when times get hard, God's grace will always be there to help us through...He won't ever give us anything that we can't handle. As long as we choose to lean on Christ and trust that he works every situation for His good, we can get through even the hardest of times with peace and comfort.

So even though my period finally showed up today, I've found myself somewhat thankful for all that infertility has brought my way. I've wanted a baby for so long now that I haven't taken the time to appreciate all the positive things that infertility has given us throughout this journey. We've experienced heartache and tears, but I'm thankful for the new friendships that I've made. I'm grateful for the closer walk that I have with Jesus. And I'm excited to see what God has in store for us in the end.

I still want to be pregnant so bad it hurts, and I still have some really hard days, but I know it's up to us to find the joy in this difficult situation; and with God's Grace, we can.

Even in the tough times.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey, especially the goodness of the people we meet along the way. Appreciation is a wonderful feeling, don't overlook it."
-Author Unknown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we are weak...then He is strong!!! Keep it up girl!! You are such a great example! Love ya!!

Momma Wilson said...

This is such a great post. I also have unexplained infertility. Something changed for me this weekend, I actually took the time to appreciate all that I do have and the love between Mr. Wilson and I. It is amazing how much IF can teach you about yourself!