Monday, September 15, 2008

Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise

How's that for positive thinking?

Actually that's pretty far fetched to tell you the truth, because I just got back from my IUI and was confronted with some not-so-good-news; our sperm count was less than adequate this month. Our Dr. still performed the IUI, but he wasn't very pleased with our post-wash count of 1.5 million; they like to see at least 2 million, and last month we had just over that. This month? Not so much.

And although I'm painfully aware that my whole Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise attitude is pretty unrealistic this month, I don't care. Because I have faith that God can do anything, and there's still a chance-despite the statistics-that one of these 1.5 million sperms could be our saving grace. So regardless of this months sperm issues, or lack there of, I still have hope. Besides, it only takes one, right? Who needs the other 1.49 million anyway?!?

Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.
-Dr. Napoleon Hill

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Tab I am sorry to hear about the low sperm count for the IUI this cycle. But you know what they say it only takes one sperm :) Besides I read that only 1 in 2000 sperm usually reach the uterus with intercourse... think how much more the IUI was able to guide into the right direction. Good Luck you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Jennifer said...

Hi Tab, I'm so sorry to hear about the count, but your positive attitude that it only takes one is fantastic!! Good luck to you -- you're in my prayers. *hugs*