Monday, June 9, 2008

Coincidence

My mother and I teach Sunday School on Sunday mornings, and this week was my turn. The lesson was about the Israelites wondering through the wilderness and how they never seemed to be satisfied with what God gave them, they complained continually. The entire lesson was about how disagreeing with God or complaining about His plans for our lives can show a lack of faith.

It was a gentle reminder that it can be a mistake to disagree with God and to complain about what He gives us in our lives, we should be thankful for everything that comes our way-good & bad-and ask Him to forgive our sin of not trusting him. The lesson also talked about the sadness God feels when we fail to be thankful for what He has done for us, and his inability to bless us if we don't trust Him and His plan for our lives.

It was no coincidence that this weeks lesson fell on my Sunday to teach!

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."
-Albert Einstein

2 comments:

Anna said...

That's cool Tab! I think God was definitely speaking to you.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful reminder! *I* needed to read this today!