Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Jumping The Gun

So, how soon is too soon?

Since all of our blood work, tests and surgeries have checked out perfect, the next step for us would be to move on to IUI's. But like most fertility treatments, they are not cheap and they do not guarantee a baby. It's kind of like playing a guessing game. A very expensive guessing game.

So my question is when is enough enough? Would we be "jumping the gun" by starting IUI's before a certain amount of time has passed? And what is the magic number...18 months, 2 years, 5 years? I have chosen to give my burden over God, but does that mean that by considering fertility treatments I am picking that burden back up? I want to let God control the situation, but does that necessarily mean I should just sit back and do nothing?

Trust me, I know that I should be praying and asking God for wisdom and guidance through out this whole ordeal instead of asking you guys. I know that He will lead us in the right direction and provide us with the answers we need if we will just step out on faith and trust in Him. But sometimes I wish there were a specific section in the Bible dedicated to unexplained infertility.

*Sigh*

Okay God, I hear you. I know you're trying to teach me several things throughout this trail, but I've learned so much already. Now, can I please have a baby?

"I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details."
-Albert Einstein

4 comments:

Anna said...

Tab, whether or not you agree, you are totally trying to control this situation. You keep saying that you are giving it to God but really you are holding on very tightly! You need to let go completely. Stop obsessing about it, relax, stop planning and trying to make it happen. You need to back off of this for a little while and allow God to move because right now you are smothering any opportunity that He might have. Don't TRY and make it happen with fertility treatments. YOU NEED TO BE PATIENT!!! Sorry this may seem harsh but it's truth. Stop obsessing and just keep praying.

Anna said...

p.s. you know I love you.

Tabitha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WantWait&Pray said...

Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your comments on my blog and check yours daily. I am praying for you and that you'll be come pregnant or that God will open the doors to the fertility treatments that are best suited for you and your husbands situation. We will most likely be moving on to an IUI in the next few cycles...so we might be cycle buddies?!?!