Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Addicted

I am a social drinker.

Whenever I am around someone who decides to go to Starbucks, I pick up a Frapuccino and then I am hooked until I can force myself to stop running to Starbucks everyday to satisfy my new found craving. But there is hope; if I can force myself to make it a week without drinking one, the cravings usually stop. At least until my next social drinking binge.

I hate coffee, but for whatever reason I love Starbucks Mint Mocha Chip Frapuccino's with Carmel drizzle. And Venti ones at that. It wouldn't be such a bad habit if it weren't such an expensive one. These suckers are almost 5 bucks each, and that adds up real quick. And you know whats sad? I actually save up cash to pay for them, because I don't want my husband to see the receipts! Pathetic, I know. But the first step is realizing the problem, and I have. So starting tomorrow, no more Venti Frapuccino's. I'm going cold turkey. I need to be saving up all that extra cash to pay for an IUI, not spending it on my useless addiction to coffee drinks. All they do is give me stomach aches and headaches anyway.

Wish me luck.

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-Thomas Paine

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you just love how our Lord works. He is right there with us through it all. All of these things you are going through are not easy!! Don't be too hard on yourself. Yes, complaining is not right, but He does say that He wants you to share your sorrow with Him and that is different than complaining. He hears your prayers!!!
You know I told my mom that I never thought I would say it, but I am happy I could not have babies, because if I could, we would not have Ben or Hannah. I can't imagine not having them. God is the one who knew who our children were. He knows yours and when they will come. And it will be PERFECT when they do. I love ya girl...sorry for rambling ;)

Stephanie said...

LoL you and I were separated at birth I swear.
I am SO not a coffee drinker. But I get horrible cravings for caramel Fraps. It's deadly. You just wait til you are pregnant, you are going to be just as bad!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! I do the same thing with saving cash to pay for my coffee splurges. My DH just doesn't understand the satisfaction or the craving to sweet, sweet Starbucks. In fact, I might run out and get one now...YUMM!

WantWait&Pray said...

Hi hun. Thank you again for your comments on my blog...we are feeling quite happy with the direction that things are going. We have prayerfully taken all things into account and we feel very optimistic going forward. Thanks again...I hope things are well for you!