Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Two Steps Forward

...and one month back.

It looks like we'll be cycling for IVF in July instead of June. I had my dates all messed up and didn't realized that the ER and ET for the June cycle falls dangerously close to the dates of our church camp. I haven't missed church camp since I was nine and we've already made a commitment to be there; so we had to make the choice to either speed up the process and cycle at the begining of May, or to slow it down and cycle at the end of July.

Why July and not May? Because we just aren't ready yet. If we cycle in May, I'd be starting meds in less than 3 weeks. That's just way to soon for us. We've been trying so hard to get ourselves healthy and our hearts in order, so pushing our cycle down to July was a fairly easy decision to make. It just gives us one more month to reach all of our goals before we start IVF.

We've sort of taken a step backwards in this process, but I still feel like we're moving forward. I've already lost four pounds and am on my way to being a much better incubator! Since the statistics for miscarriage and premature babies are higher with ART treatments than with natural pregnancies, it's really important for me to be as healthy as I possibly can before I have a blessing (or two) growing in my belly.

So far I've experienced a surprisingly smooth transition while switching my addiction of Frappachino's to Cycling, Kickboxing and Zumba classes. I love them, and I love how I feel afterwards (which is more than I can say for Frappachinos). We're also going as organic as we can afford with our food and cleaning products. Green is good. I've always wanted to make the change, and now I have the determination and a specific timeline to keep me seriously motivated.

So July it is-and with God's grace we'll be ready for it. I'll be 13 pounds lighter and the healthiest, happiest, most lean, green, organic baby growing machine you've ever seen!

"A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow."
-General George S. Patton

9 comments:

Sara Scissors said...

I'm so glad to hear you're taking such good care of yourself. I've been a little off track with that the past couple weeks (too many birthdays, lunch dates and weddings!). I couldn't agree more with being ready both emotionally and physically. I'm hoping by then I'll be a success story for you to look up to! :) He, he...

Anonymous said...

Yay for July! I was thinking ahead about when my DH and I *might* start treatments...June seemed like a reasonable time frame...and realized that we'll be going to youth camp with church as leaders then. So just like you I might have to delay things for the same reason. God is in control of these schedules, and I am so blessed to hear how joyful and proactive you're seeking to be during the wait. **hugs**

Jennifer said...

It's all a step in the right direction! It's fantastic that you're taking such good care of yourself now :-) July is just around the corner -- it'll be here before you know it!

Robin said...

I'm so excited for you! I know it feels like a step back delay IVF another month but it will be here before you know it. It takes 3 months to improve egg quality so the changes you're making will have plenty of time to develop. The organic food is a little more expensive but it will be worth it once you have a little one. I'm praying for you and the children the Lord has planned for you!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

you are doing a great job making a perfect home for your future children. :) july will be here before you know it. the summer months always fly by!

Dianne said...

I think that is great, it is best nit to rush it! The process is so intense anyways. Take this time to prepare!

Kelli said...

July is a great month...hopefully you'll see fireworks with your BFP!

ps. Thanks for my first comment!! xo

Counting Twigs said...

July will be here before you know it and who wants to miss church camp! The meds process can be draining so it's better to be mentally and physically ready for it. I'm excited for you!

Kelli said...

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for an award on my blog! Check it out! :)