Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Black Market Blood Work

Oh, don't worry...it's not as bad as it sounds.

After sucking out three vials of my blood for my CD3 blood test on Monday, my cousin and partner in crime-who will remain anonymous for for legal purposes-was able to give me my results less than 24 hours later because I (not my Doctor, mind you) wrote "copy to patient" on top of my lab slip. The hush-hush exchange of documents took place last night, in the dark, after making sure no one was watching. See? Totally legal. Mostly.

So here's the majority of my CD3 results:

LH (Luteinizing Hormone)=2.9 normal is<7
FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone)=6.2 "good" is 6-9
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)=1.2 normal is 0.4-4
Estridiol (E2, Estrogen)=48 normal is 25-75
Prolactin=11.5 normal is <24

I'm no Doctor; but I am a self-educated-google-crazy-infertile and the results look lovely to me. I'm still missing the super important AMH results, a more complicated test that has to be frozen and shipped to another lab, so the Dr. probably won't be calling me until sometime next week when he has all of the information together.

But since I have certain...connections, I'm sure I'll get the results before he does. Sshhhhh...

"Blood will tell, but often it tells too much."
-Don Marquis

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, you're lucky to have an inside connection! And those results look fabulous to me, for whatever that's worth! :)

Jennifer said...

So far so good :-)

Sara Scissors said...

I'm SO glad every thing is looking "normal" so far. It should feel great to know you're setting yourself up for success in IVF #1. Hopefully me and you both! :)

Dianne said...

sneaky girl!!! Awesome!

Baby Mama said...

Oh I wish I would have thought of that!! I got my blood work done on Tuesday and then they called me yesterday and told me I had to come back to have a level redrawn. And now I am waiting to find out the results! I guess it takes my mind of the 2ww.