Monday, December 1, 2008

Infertile Myrtles

Although I would never wish infertility on anyone, it's nice to have someone to go through it with you.


My friend Malinda is my fellow "Infertile Myrtle", she and her husband attend our church and we've known them for years. All though they haven't been TTC for as long as we have, they're still trying-and whether it's been 8 months or 23 months it still sucks-and we both get that.

The best part? She thinks I'm smarter than I really am. I've shamelessly taught her everything I know about IUI's, IVF, OPK's, statistics, betas, charting, cervical position, sperm, prenatal vitamins and pineapple. In turn, she has listened intently, taking note and sharing fascinating TMI stories! I guess it's just refreshing to know that all of my research is finally going to someone who can actually use it; I think my husband is really tired of hearing about sperm do's and do-not's, and my super-fertile sister probably knows more than she ever wanted to know about ovulation and cervical mucous...

So I'm really loving sharing this experience with someone, even if it's only for a little while. Malinda is the funniest, sweetest, most honest person ever and I pray God blesses her with her own little one soon.

"Friendship improves happiness and abates misery by doubling our joys and dividing our grief."
-Joseph Addison

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi! Im coming out of lurking. I just wanted to let you know how much I like reading your blog and how much I admire your positive attitude and your belief that our God has a plan for each of us. Thanks for sharing your journey so openly, its great!

Tabitha said...

Thanks Shannon, I'm glad you like it!