Friday, October 31, 2008

While I'm Waiting

Last night I went to see the movie "Fireproof" and loved it. My friend summed it up best, "the acting was not top notch, but the message was wonderful". I completely agree.

The scene that touched me the most was when the husband was having a hard time trying to save his marriage to a woman that wasn't so sure there was anything worth saving. The song "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller played as it showed him trying to throw himself into his job-trying to be the best person he could be despite the circumstances-all while strengthening his new found faith in the Lord. Here are the Lyrics:

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait

I know my situation is completely different from the one in this movie, but the words to this song sound so much like my own. While I wait for my chance to have a family I don't want to be bitter and hateful, rather peaceful and full of hope. I don't want this trying time to stop me from worshiping God and thanking Him for all I've been given, or keep me from living my life to the fullest.

So patiently, faithfully, I will wait.

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
-John Quincy Adams

3 comments:

Mrs. Hammer said...

I came across your blog while looking for other Christian women dealing with infertility. Thanks for the great post. The words to that song are wonderful and timely. I'll have to check out that movie as well. Prayers to you and your husband along the journey of infertility!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I love reading your blog - its very uplifting. Especially when I am having a not so fabulous day & when dealing with infertility seems more like struggling. As always you are in my prayers!