Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Phone Consult, Part II

My phone consult has been moved. Again.

I received a phone call this morning asking if I could move my appointment up from 4pm to 2:30pm this afternoon. Unfortunately I can't, because I work until 3:30pm and this isn't exactly a phone call I can take during work hours (I don't want my co-workers hearing about my cervical mucous and my husbands sperm). So once again, I've been rescheduled, because Dr. Greene still isn't feeling well. I do sympathize with him though, because he's got the same nasty tonsillitis that I've had myself for almost a month now. And in their defence, the office did try to fit me in tomorrow and the next day, but their next available 4pm appointment isn't until next Thursday.

So I wait again, for one more week, and remind myself to be thankful for this opportunity. Besides, what did I expect? It's a free phone consult with a real, live RE. It was almost too good to be true in the first place. And I've already waited 21 months, so what's one more week? I've got all the time in the world...

"Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein."
-H. Jackson Brown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GRRR. Waiting is sooooo not fun!! But seems to be all there is to do. You are in my prayer!!

Emily said...

Oh, sure make an already anxious IF woman wait - like we aren't already anxious waiting for O or AF to arrive. Sorry you have to wait hopefully it will be worth it in the end! You are in my prayers!!