Friday, October 3, 2008

Emily Faulknor Photography

Last month we decided to get our pictures taken as a gift to each other for our anniversary. We found Emily Faulkner through a mutual friend, and instantly fell in love with her style of photography. She was absolutely amazing to work with, and she has this incredible joy and love for the Lord that shows through everything that she does. Here are some of the pictures that she took for us:











Want to see more? Go to http://www.emilyfaulknorphotography.com/ and click on the link to enter her site. Once you're in, click on the CLIENTS tab and type in the password: wandt2008

You'd probably never notice, but a little part of me was dying on the inside during this photo shoot. This was the day we found that our first IUI didn't work and I was completely devastated. I was so sure I would be pregnant, I really thought the IUI would work. I had actually planned to bring our +HPT from that morning and have Emily take a few pictures of us with it so that we would always remember it. It seemed like the perfect plan-but it wasn't meant to be-we never got our positive pregnancy test.

I think these pictures have taught me a lesson; they're proof that if you let it happen, something beautiful can come out of even the ugliest and most disappointing day. Thank you Emily, for making the memory of that day more beautiful than painful and for filling it with more smiles than tears!

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow."
-Helen Keller

11 comments:

Momma Wilson said...

wow, these pictures are amazing!

JackieMac said...

Your pictures turned out really great.

Stephanie said...

um, HOTTIE!!

Lisa said...

The pictures are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful!! I love how it shows your strength and Willie's strength!! depend on eachother and God!! These pics are amazing!!

Emily Faulknor said...

Tabitha, your words moved me deeply. Thank you so much! You are so beautiful and God fully knows the desires of your heart and He will give you those far beyond anything you can imagine. It was a blessing for me to be able to capture your and Willie's love for one another. That is where it starts. God's love and joy for life and for children is in you, continue to pursue Him and love Him and He will bless your socks off. :) I loved your shoot, I loved working with you and I surely can't wait to do it again! I pray the Lord bless you right now. Love, Emily Faulknor <><

Jennifer said...

Your pictures are fantastic!

Anna said...

Tab you sure are one hot wifey! The picture at the top of your blog is my favorite one. Emily sure has a good eye! :)

Andrea said...

The photos are just beautiful! I am so sorry your IUI was a bust...

WantWait&Pray said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! Wow! I'm sorry these pics were on the day of the IUI that failed.....but I am keeping you in my prayers and hoping that this third time is a charm! Thanks again for your encouraging words...we are really still in shock we're doing this. :-)

Juliette said...

Tabitha, you are gorgeous and these photos just show off that beauty that radiates from you and your marriage. You amaze me with how you can keep up the faith in the face of reoccuring disappointment. You are an inspiration. And yet I know that even inspirations need encouragement and inspiration themselves to keep going. So just know that I still remember you in my prayers. Keep up the fight girl!