Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Best Things In Life Are Free

...aren't they?

It's been over a week since I left a message with my Dr.'s office, and I still haven't received a call back; I'm pretty sure they're avoiding me. I just want to talk to the Dr. and see where we should go from here, but since they aren't responding, I'm taking matters into my own hands.

I explained in my last post our reasoning for not utilizing a reproductive endocrinologist yet, mostly because of distance and expense. But then someone brought to my attention an organization called Sher Institutes with an office in Sacramento that is giving free consultations (valued at $250-$500) to anyone who's interested and books an appointment during this week, which happens to be Infertility Awareness Week. Although it sounded kind of sketchy to me, I figured it wouldn't hurt to call and find out some more information, especially if it's FREE information. The office was really nice and set me up with a consultation over the phone (so I don't have to drive down to Sac) on Monday evening. They have all of my background information and are going to review it over the next few days. I'm still a little leery of this phone consult, but it's free and I'm willing to take the chance. Besides, I did some research and checked them out-they are real-and they may be able to give me some answers, or at least a little guidance. And if they start to freak me out I can always hang up on them, right?

I'm excited to finally talk with an RE, even if it's over the phone. I'll report back next week and let you know how my consult goes. Wish me luck!

For anyone else interested, here's the information:
http://www.send2press.com/newswire/2008-10-1017-003.shtml

"Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The "sure thing" boat never gets far from shore."
- Dale Carnegie

6 comments:

Kate said...

Good luck with your phone consult! Let us know how it goes.

Stacy said...

I think it is great you are doing the phone consult. It certainly can't hurt. I am sorry you are not getting any response from your Dr. - that is SO frustrating. Hang in there and I will be looking forward to the outcome of the consult.

Emily said...

It sounds great Tab. I honestly feel like you have taken the right path on your journey... I am praying that they can give you some answers and the much needed help that you deserve! It's great that they are going to give you a free consultation over the phone - as we both know IF is expensive so take advantage of any breaks or deals they are willing to give you!

Jennifer said...

Good luck with the consultation! I agree that it can't hurt to at least try and talk to an RE over the phone. You're in my thoughts!!

Momma Wilson said...

Good luck, I am looking forward to seeing what the RE has to say!

WantWait&Pray said...

I'm looking forward to hearing an update on your phone conversation. You know...I emailed a few doctors prior to booking appointments with them and was quite surprised to get an email (actually two) back. I laid out our history, testing we've done w/ results and though they can't make a diagnosis over email (or the phone in your case) it helps to get pointed in a direction. I will be keeping you in my prayers!!!