Monday, August 25, 2008

Spot Watch

Today is 12dpIUI, and my spotting is nowhere to be found.

Doubling up my dose made a HUGE difference, and progesterone is now one of my most dear friends.

Although I am supposed to wait until Wednesday (14dpo) to test, I woke up in a panic this morning at 4:51am and decided that I absolutely HAD to test. I fumbled into the bathroom in the dark and tried to open the HPT box. Once I mastered crushing the cardboard and ripping it to shreds, I made my way down the hall to the guest bathroom where I figured I would be less likely to wake up my poor sleeping husband. Now at my destination, I attempted to break open the plastic wrap on the test with no luck. I pulled at it, bit at it, and finally squeezed the sucker out the top.

I swear, those things are more child proof then medicine caps.

Finally I sat on the toilet, ready to do my thing...and realized I didn't have a cup. I always pee in a cup, then dip the stick in. But I was so frustrated at this point that I just decided to go for it, I was finally going to POAS instead of PIAC.

Bad idea.

Not only did I make a complete mess, but my body decided I didn't really have to pee that much-I barely made the required 5 seconds of urinating-even though my bladder is usually bursting at 6am. Feeling defeated, I finally capped the stupid test and set it up on the counter, splashing and dripping urine all over myself and my no-longer-clean bathroom vanity. And to make things worse?

The test was completely defective.

No lines whatsoever showed up. And since I peed on the stick instead of in a cup, I didn't have any urine left to try another test. I suppose that's what I get for not being patient; I guess I'll never learn.

But the good news is that my spotting finally seems to be under control, and even if don't achieve a pregnancy this month, I'll be happy with at least that.

No, that's a big fat lie. I want to be pregnant.

There is no use trying, said Alice; one can't believe impossible things. I dare say you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
-
Lewis Carroll

2 comments:

WantWait&Pray said...

Oh man.....I am on the edge of my seat! I will be waiting for Wednesday- but think you should try to PIAC tomorrow morning. I have a VERY good feeling hun!!!

Emily said...

Haha, I can just picture myself doing the same thing! Hopefully tomorrow it will be worth it and you will have a BFP! I can't wait to hear your results!