Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Open Doors

We’re getting this party started!

Our initial appointment for an IUI is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon! We have no doubt this is the best decision for us right now. Without going into too much detail, we have recently seen God open many doors for us, and He has made this opportunity-and decision-a very obvious one.

My reasoning? I think our situation is so debatable because we were sort of thrown into the unexplained category, meaning that even thought they can’t find anything wrong, most likely there is something hindering us from achieving a pregnancy. Lovely, right? Anyway, because of this questionable diagnosis some think that we should just keep trying and stop worrying about it since there is nothing wrong with us, which is true. To an extent. But I believe that if God opens up doors for us, why shouldn’t we walk through them?

I’ve also realized that following through with and IUI isn't showing a lack of faith, it’s actually quite the opposite. It’s a simple as this: We prayed, God opened a door, and now we are walking through it. And please don’t get me wrong, I don’t assume that just because God presented this opportunity to us means that this IUI will necessarily be successful and promise to bring a guaranteed pregnancy; but that’s where faith comes in.

We definitely want a baby in God’s time, but who am I to say this opportunity wasn’t handed to us by God and isn’t in His timing? I'd hate to refuse this blessing just because this isn’t how I originally envisioned getting pregnant, because this wasn’t in my original plan for starting our family. We just have to believe that God will take care of us, and bring us comfort and healing no matter what the future holds.

Again, thank you to everyone who offered us their advice and words of wisdom, even to those who advised us against an IUI. We are so grateful for every single one of you. Please continue to keep us in your prayers, and I’ll post an update after our appointment tomorrow!

"When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us."
- Alexander Graham Bell

2 comments:

WantWait&Pray said...

I am sending lots and lots of prayers for you! Good luck and keep me posted on how things go! I am so glad that you and your DH were able to come to a decision that you both feel at peace with...here's to a very successful IUI! Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! You are in our prayers!!! I know that you are excited and I am excited for you!!! Blessings!!! Love ya!!