Thursday, May 22, 2008

Again!?

My little sister is pregnant for the second time in 13 months.

Must be nice!

In all honestly, I am seriously, truthfully, thoroughly excited. Even though I wish it was me that was pregnant right now, I am proud to say I am extremely happy for her-and for me! I'm not going to lie and say I'm not jealous, but I think that's only natural. It's so surreal to look back and think that I started TTC before she was pregnant with her first baby, and now he is 6 months old and she is onto round two...You'd think it would be really difficult for me to see her go through the second pregnancy she's had since I started TTC, but it's not! (this prayer and giving-it-to-God stuff really works!) Honestly, I love being an auntie, and I can't wait for this new blessing to come.

“I know God won’t give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish he didn’t trust me so much.”

-Mother Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh hey look...I can post a comment!!! YAY!! You are doing great and you are looking in the right place for your help!!(does not mean it is easy) YAY for Elizabeth! I think it will be another boy.

WantWait&Pray said...

I know how hard it is to feel so much excitment for her and yet it's hard to not remember the struggles of your own life with getting pregnant. My sister has a 5 month old...so everytime I see her and my nephew.....it is PURE joy! And it intensifies the fact that I want a baby so bad..it hurts. Thank you for your comment on my blog! I'll keep you in my prayers as well!

Anna said...

Wow! I can't believe she's pregnant again! You are an amazing auntie and some day you will be an amazing mother, just keep reminding yourself that God's timing is everything!