Monday, March 16, 2009

Good News!

My ovaries have regained their rockstar status.

I just finished up my phone consult with Dr. Greene. He assured me that all of my CD3 blood test results are perfect-even my AMH. Of course the the pessimist in me reared her ugly head and asked him if he was sure, ruthlessly questioning him about 0-7ng/mL being the norm, with higher results being better. He assured me that 2.8ng/mL is an excellent number, and the higher the better is not always the case because AMH hormone levels specify mostly immature eggs, and in this case "too good isn't a good thing". He said that-given all of the factors in our situation-he has no reason to believe that we'd have any trouble producing not only a valid pregnancy with IVF, but also plenty of high quality eggs to use for future pregnancies.

:::Insert *sigh* of relief:::

In way of preparation, I have an e-mail in to the coordinator to finalize our next steps in the process; we're hoping to cycle in June. I've also ordered another three month supply of ConceptionXR vitamins especially formulated for IVF cycles, and we're both ditching simple carbs in exchange for a watered down version of the Zone diet and a healthy gym routine.

Oh. Which reminds me of another blessing today. After our good news, I decided to go for a celebratory Starbucks Mint Mocha Frappachino (I know, NOT on the Zone diet, shame on me) and immediately after ordering and pulling forward I realized I didn't have my wallet. But for fear of being rude, instead of speeding off when my time at the drive through window came up I apologized to the man and explained that I forgot my wallet, expressing my thorough embarrassment for his wasted time. He smiled as he handed me the drink, and told me this one was on him. Such a sweet coffee man. Who doesn't love FREE Frapachinos?!?

Just so you know, I have serious intentions of returning to Starbucks and paying for that Frappachino. Because if for no other reason than a clear conscience, we're doing everything we can to prepare ourselves financially, physically, mentally, and spiritually to move forward. And stealing a Frappachino is a far cry from the right direction.

No matter how much I thought my rockstar ovaries deserved it.

"The great thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Excellent news!!!! Woo Hoo :-) I totally lol'd at your Starbucks incident -- what a nice guy he was!

IVF Again! said...

Exciting news!!! :)

Just Believing said...

yeah for great news!!!

WantWait&Pray said...

Great news! And that's cute about the Starbucks! So you are thinking of a cycle in June then? We'll be overlapping a bit maybe???

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

SO glad to read your great news. and hey-june isnt too far away. youll be injecting yourself before you know it. ;)

Bethany said...

I am so excited for you!!!!!! I cant wait to see the words I AM PREGNANT on your blog :)

Sara Scissors said...

You're right about rockstar ovaries! So glad every thing came back so well. It's so comforting to hear your RE has confidence in your success.

BHRMAMA said...

that is great news!!! YAY TAB!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm so HAPPY for you! You're rockstar ovaries are going to make great babies :)

WantWait&Pray said...

Hi, just wanted to tell you not to listen to my rant and to go confidently into this. You will do great. I had NO concept of my last cycle not working......none at all. I was so confident that it was going to work that I cherished every step of the way. It helped me to get through it, I wouldn't have done it any other way.
Now, because it didn't work- I feel that I have this built in fear because I don't get the innocence of going through it again without expectation.

You will do GREAT! I am praying for you!